Can Mental Health Resources' Family Coaching Address Your Issues?
1. Do you need help communicating with your ill family member?
2. Are you frustrated with figuring out the mental health system?
3. Do you need help finding housing and employment opportunities?
4. Do you see dramatic behavior changes in your loved one?
5. Do you feel out of control handling your family situation at home?
6. Do you have a hard time the getting information you need from your psychiatrist and social worker?
7. Do you feel “shut out” from participating in the treatment team and plan?
8. Do you need help identifying a good psychiatrist and knowing what questions to ask?
9. Does your Discharge Planning allow the necessary time to put together a satisfactory plan?
10. Are you frustrated that you’re not getting enough support from your mental health professionals?
11. Do you feel you are not able to negotiate with your mental health professionals?
12. Are you having emotional responses to the illness you feel is hard to understand — such as denial, anger and resentment?
13. Do you know the stages of grief all family members go through when there are serious mental issues in the family?
14. Do you know the stages of grief your loved one goes through before finding recovery?
15. Do you wonder what your loved one needs on order to recover?
16. Did the hospital give you an “ongoing support program, education and information opportunities as partners in treatment…orientation…problem solving. ...written materials,” and allow you to “be involved in a collaborative treatment process to the greatest extent possible?”
17. Would you like to be part of a community of families who have had success finding recovery and want to share their coping mechanisms and lessons learned?
18. Would you like to find a similar community for your loved one?